This add-on will help you configure related products (analogues). Related products can be useful when you have many products with similar characteristics so customer can easily find the most suitable ones. It also configures a product and its accessories.
The main feature of the paid version is tags - which allow you to generate related products automatically. Besides in this module you can use blocks which allow you to set up any product template to display related products.
See the detailed tutorial on how this addon works in the Extended version of Related products add-on for CS-Cart article.
Compatible with CS-Cart v4.3.x, v4.2.x, v4.1.x, v4.0.x, v3.0.x & v2.2.x!
· easy to use of cross-selling tool for CS-Cart;
- ability to create two sets of related products e.g. "related products" and "product accessories"
· ability to use blocks or product tabs for related products;
· three modes that allow linking related products: "Bi-directional", "Cross-linked" & "No links";
· no need to connect related products to each other manually;
· related tags allow you to generate relations automatically;
· import/export feature of related tags or related ids.
HOW DO I GET THE ADD-ON
After you place the order, and it is processed you will receive a email with link to download add-on package.
Usually it takes not more than several minutes to get order processed.
HOW TO INSTALL
1. Go to the Add-ons page in Admin area of your store and click "+" in the top right corner.
2. Select the download package and click
1. Copy the entire content of the archive to the directory with installed CS-Cart store
2. In the admin area go to the add-ons list and click install "Related products (extended)" add-on
3. Configure the add-on, select a product list template to display analogues
4. On the product detailed page go to tab: "Related products", pick the products and click "Save"
5. Create a new block Products in the Block manager, with content filling "Related products"
6. Now you will see the related products on the product detailed page in the storefront.
"I can do this using blocks, why do I need this add-on?"
- This addon sets bidirectional links between products. So if you set the product B as a related to product A, then product A will be set as related for product B automatically.
"What does "Select the product links type" option mean?"
- This option allows you to select between these two link types. First one is cross-linked so if you add product B, C, D to A as related then each of these products will have three others as related. The other one is bi-directional, so you will have only product A as related for B, C, D
"Why the related tab not displayed in the customer area?"
- Try to clear cache. For more details please go to: http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/9735-clear-template.... Also make sure you have created the product tab with Related products block.
"What does "Fill related products" setting means?"
- This option can have either one of the values "Manually" or "By tags". Allows you to add related products manually at Related products tab at product detailed page. Tags will generate related products automatically. Product will be added to reelated in case it has any of the parent product tags
"What do tags mean?"
- The main idea of tags is to fill related products based on related tags. For example, you add tags "phone, apple" to the your "iPhone 4s" product, so after you click "Save" button all products that have either "phone" or "apple" tags will be added to related.
"My accessory products have block named "Accessories". How can I change block name at products that are accessories to 'Compatible with'?"
- If you use related products for accessories than probably you will need to have this block to be name differently based on the product type. If it is main product page than the block should be named "Accessories for this product". However if it is accessory product page than the name should be something like "Compatible with". In order to achieve this we need to create two blocks at Product Layout. The first one will be named "Accessories for his product" and contain products with filling "Accessories" and the second one will be named "Compatible with" and also contain products with filling "Accessories". After that using tab status we should enable each of the blocks only for these products were it should be displayed. E.g. if I have product "Iphone 4c" than I will enable for this product block "Accessories for this product" and disable block "Compatible with".